The Sewist

I sew, knit and crochet hats. (Not all at the same time. Whaddaya think I am - a machine?)

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Which is
better?


I can't decide which I like better - the hat or this model's eyelashes. Up close, this woman's eyes have mesmerized me. She has these miles-long lashes, the kind that might touch Mars if given the chance. Mine, I'm afraid, are just a mere few millimeters long. I curl and adorn them with Maybelline's Great Lash Mascara. Still they look ho hum. All the more reason to wear a crocheted cap as adorable as this. Let the hat do all the work. My body, I'm afraid, can only do so much. I figure this chapeau (particularly with that saucy scarf) can flirt WAY better than I can. I think that if I took it off and parked it on a shelf it would continue to have fun with the boys (and girls). Hats do have a way of doing that, you know. Try it sometime at a fine dining establishment, particularly with a topper with lots of embellishments. Put your hat on a shelf, in a plain view. See if somebody doesn't come up and touch it within a matter of minutes. I'd bet you a ride to the former planet Pluto your head cover would have more admirers than a pet pooch! Ideally you need to park yourself at a table nearby so you can explain to all these oohing and aahing restaurant patrons the origins of your most wonderful chapeau. And take orders if you're a milliner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home