The Sewist

I sew, knit and crochet hats. (Not all at the same time. Whaddaya think I am - a machine?)

Friday, November 03, 2006

Buy It Now?

I'm not sure what gets me more about this image the glass-blue eyes or the tilt hat or the mannequin. Or just maybe it's all three that has my index finger on my errant right hand ready to the "Buy It Now" button on this pretty 1940s tilt hat (which resembles the Tilt-A-Whirl hat I wrote about the other day.) Sure, it's only pegged at $129.99, but what pleasure you would get from this impulse purchase. It's not like a diamond ring where people would say, "Oh, that's nice. My daughter (niece/god-daughter/step-mother) has one just like yours." No, this hat would get you so many compliments each time you'd wear it you could pay off a mortgage or two if kudos had monetary value. What's even better is how much fun you would have wearing this hat. Ultimately, that's what is most important. What if nobody says anything all day? (As was the case on Halloween, when I wore my saucy 1950s silk shantung flower print cocktail hat. I still had fun wearing it, even if no one chirped, "How pretty. Where did you get it?"). I guess it all boils down to your audience. Do you wear hats for yourself, women or men? Here's a poll. If you've got another response, just leave me a comment. Thanks.

Do you wear hats for...
yourself?
women?
men?
your pet?
Free polls from Pollhost.com



1 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

I have one similar to this in black and red! Very stunning and easy to wear.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home