The Sewist

I sew, knit and crochet hats. (Not all at the same time. Whaddaya think I am - a machine?)

Monday, October 16, 2006

Mass Musings


We believe in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is seen and unseen.

Hmm. I like that woman's blouse. It looks like it's a flame-stitch knit fabric. Very Missoni, like that one that sold out at Emmaonesock. Make-me fabrics has something similiar. I wonder if they still have that in stock. I don't need to buy any more fabric. I've got more than enough to last me through the next three winters, four summers, and another season of Dancing With the Stars, at least.

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered, died, and was buried.
On the third day he rose again
in fulfillment of the Scriptures;
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.

That little girl's cape is so cute. I wish I could see it better. Maybe she could turn around so I can see the front. It looks like it's made out of fleece or maybe washeable suede. I can't be sure though. I could make something like that for N. She would love it, especially in pink. Oh! She's taking it off. Oh, darn. It's on the pew. Now I can't see it all. I may need to peek at it on the way back from Communion.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified.

Is L. pregnant again? She's looking a little poochy. I don't know how she does it with four little ones already under the age of six. I couldn't do it. What's her name? Maggie? I love her red hair and that split-pea green sweater. That kind of reminds me of the one in Interweave Knitting a couple of years ago. I wonder where that issue is. In my closet? No. I organized all my back issues last December. It's got to be in a binder, somewhere...

He has spoken through the Prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Amen? Oh yeah, Amen! Now I can sit down. I wonder if Jo-Ann Fabrics still has that sale on Vogue patterns this week. Maybe I can go over there later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home