The Sewist

I sew, knit and crochet hats. (Not all at the same time. Whaddaya think I am - a machine?)

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It's A
Shame...


...that no one, and I mean no one has bid on this cute topper. It's hard to resist in my opinion. It's got *REAR INTEREST* (eBay seller new-york-cameo-girl's all-caps, not mine) and it's Very *FEMININE* (again, new-york-cameo-girl's emphasis). Besides, it's got a New York-Paris label. So you know it's chic. As for that drama from behind, you can't see it here, but the seller is talking about how these straps wrap about the back of the dress form head's. And that's quite fascinating. And it's about girly-girl as you can get. It's also, at least in my mind, very bridal-looking. Something you'd wear (at least I would) on that Big Day. But I'm not getting hitched right now, otherwise I just might buy it. I've actually pondered what I would wear on my trip down the aisle. I'm thinking a cute cocktail hat with a bird's nest. Yes, a faux birdie sitting in her home. That kind of hat beats those other so-conventional wedding veils out there. I believe. Besides, if you wear a bird on your head (hopefully with no droppings), it shows you're not taking yourself too seriously. Which is the attitude I'd like to cop for at least 24 hours if I'm ever so nuts to get married. At least I know my nieces and nephews would get a kick out of this hat; they'd gossip about it for the next millennium. It's so much fun making a good impression on the next generation! Anyhow, do you think this chapeau (called a tilt hat in the auction) would be suitable for a wedding?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

This is an absolutely fabulous hat! Thanks for the link.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home