The Sewist

I sew, knit and crochet hats. (Not all at the same time. Whaddaya think I am - a machine?)

Friday, February 16, 2007

Hat
Friday



In many offices across the world, the last day of the workweek is a casual one. Jeans, sneakers, and denim shirts are all allowed. Somehow, the office environment remains very serious, although the entire staff looks like they work at Ace Hardware. I wonder if attitudes would change considerably, if you were required to wear a hat on Friday? Not just a cap, but not a bonafide hat - a fedora, a cocktail hat or even something like the topper pictured above? Everyone would be laughing like they'd had a chocolate martini or two without imbibing an ounce of alcohol!
All kidding aside, I really do adore the '30s hat pictured above. It kind of reminds me of this one. I like how it's kind of pointy at the tip; it makes me think of a chapeau a gremlin might wear. It's even emerald green.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home