The Sewist

I sew, knit and crochet hats. (Not all at the same time. Whaddaya think I am - a machine?)

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Another
Jaguar for my
Collection...


I can't seem to resist this style of hat whenever it pops up on eBay, which is often, which also means this topper must have been really popular back in the 1930s and 1940s and every woman and her sister had one of these on their heads, which also makes me think of how many animals lost their skins in the name of fashion. *Shiver.* I can't say I'm totally against wearing genuine furs today, but everything in moderation, even with things that are in plentiful supply now because you don't know what's going to happen tomorrow. Of course, that means you better stock up on what you really love while you can because I don't want to hear any complaining about how you can't find Chuck Taylors in your size or price range when you really need them. But back to this hat. I think what's so appealing about it is how it's kind of a neutral you can wear with just about anything. What's more, anyone could wear it. I could see it on my mom, if she dared or my sister if she doubled-dared. It's got that trendy urban vibe, even though it's vintage. It certainly doesn't look like it dates back to World War II! While anyone with just about any type of hair could wear it, I think it would look best with ear-length hair. Other than that you could wear this with just about anything: an emerald-green suit, jean jacket or a head-to-toe black ensemble. Or how about Joan McGowan's knitted fishnet stockings? I swear I'm going to wear those stockings with leopard-print peep-toe sandals just like the model in the picture if I ever get around to using Joan's knitting recipe!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home