The Sewist

I sew, knit and crochet hats. (Not all at the same time. Whaddaya think I am - a machine?)

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Have Hat,

Will Travel. This woman has attitude from the top of her popcorn-stitch calot all the way down to her toes, which I can't see, but nevertheless she must be just as stylish there unless she's like movie stars that muck around in Reebocks, iPods, and puffer coats when they're not in front of the camera. Since the none of the abovementioned things actually existed back in the 40s, I'm guessing that this gal really did look her complete best for the photographer of this knitting booklet. She's so matchy-matchy too. The hat, those formidable gloves which could serve as oven mitts in a pinch, and that humongous bag that's only lacking a tiny pocket for a cell phone. She's so coordinated, I can't help but think that she's wearing little popcorn-stitch shoe clip-ons. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home