The Sewist

I sew, knit and crochet hats. (Not all at the same time. Whaddaya think I am - a machine?)

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Dermatologist-Approved
Hat?


I'm off to the dermatologist later this morning to talk hyperpigmentation, prescriptions, and no doubts, HATS! It's been way too warm to wear my shaggy suede hat, so I've resorted to wearing a hot pink suede cap or my brown cotton Eugenia Kim hat with a funky assymtrical brim. The problem with the latter and the former is that the brims are not enough to cover my face. Yes, Ms. Sunshine can't keep away from my dermis even though I'm slathering on Neutrogena Age Shield (why does anyone's age needed be shielded, by the way?) Sunblock with an SPF of 45. I'm afraid I can't get rid of the brown patches on my face between putting on my Lustra bleach in the evening, my ineffective head covers and so-so sunblock during the day.
I'm certain the doc is going to recommend hats with ultra-wide brims, bigger than anything Scarlett O'Hara ever wore. But he might approve of the Eugenia Kim straw number above, which looks like it swallowed Donald Duck. On second thought, it also resembles a cross between a fedora and a baseball cap? It's got a sophisication that would wear well during those sweltering summer days downtown. But I really don't feel like spending $290 on it just now. How much time do you think it would take to make something like this?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home