The Sewist

I sew, knit and crochet hats. (Not all at the same time. Whaddaya think I am - a machine?)

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Hats Galore!
(At least on the walls)





Do knitting and hats go together like ham and swiss cheese? I think so. I think so, particularly if you're sipping Blumer's Root beer and snacking on crispy pizza slices covered with sauteed onion strips and mozzarella cheese at Brasserie Jo's. If you printed this above photo in black and white, you'd think it was a World War II image. Only thing if it were really the 1940s, I'd be knitting socks for the boys fighting overseas. As it was, I was working on a knitted skirt for myself. Selfish I know. I'll getting around to learning how to make socks one day, I will.
Anyhow, I really wanted to wear one of my vintage hats to this monthly event. I knew I would be surrounded by other women with hats, even if they were only pictures on the wall. Can you identify the photographers of these exquisite photos? Leave your thoughts in the comments.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

Hats! Magnificent! Love Dache, Schiaperelli, Mr. John (the real one), etc.!

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home