The Sewist

I sew, knit and crochet hats. (Not all at the same time. Whaddaya think I am - a machine?)

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Survey Results #4:
Y'All Are Ahead of Me!

Ninety-four of you responded to my surveymonkey poll. Thank you so much for taking time away from your super-busy lives to answer my most important question: When will you start knitting gifts for the holidays in December? A little more than 40 percent of you said you've already started. Nearly 14 percent said you'd start next month and about 18 percent of you will begin working those knitting needles in earnest in October. Furthermore, at least 6.4 percent of you will make your gifts at the last minute (Hurrah for presents stitched at the eleventh hour!) and 23.4 percent of you filled the fascinating (at least for me) field. This was my favorite response: "I don't plan to knit for the holidays. I am tired of embarrassing myself with UFOs. If something gets done, great. If not, who's to know?" As for me, I keep thinking I'd like to learn how to knit socks. That way I could make something for my seven brothers for Christmas. Since this knitting survey is now closed, anybody have anything to add to this conversation?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Beth said...

thanks, Paula, for your comments. Kudos to you for not only knitting but designing too. You're right - that takes thrice as long. I, on the other hand, probably won't have anything in time for Christmas. Even if I start now. Yipes!

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitting socks is so nice in theory. I've knitted 1 and 3/4 pair now, and I hate them. I always have such good intentions of knitting socks for my whole family (Dad, Mom, brother, sister), but then I get one sock finished, and it is murder to turn around, and do the exact same thing again, on tiny little needles with tiny little yarn.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home