The Sewist

I sew, knit and crochet hats. (Not all at the same time. Whaddaya think I am - a machine?)

Sunday, August 13, 2006






















Hot Momma!

More photos from Stitches Midwest. I swear I have the best meetings coming in and out of the bathroom. Not just at this show, but in life in general. I think I should just park myself near the ladies' room everywhere I go, and I'll make all the right connections to be successful in life. This lady was leaving the abovementioned room as I was arriving. I oohed and aahed over her sweater. After the following exchange - "Did you make that???" "Yes, I made that." "Can I take your picture?" - I played the shutterbug, and snapped away. I got her business card: Dana Bridger Hurt, knitwear designer. I promptly visited her web site when I returned home. It turns out she was a flight attendant for Continental Airlines and learned how to knit when she was 8. How cool is that? I don't think I even approached the sewing machine at that age. I was too busy with macrame...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home