The Sewist

I sew, knit and crochet hats. (Not all at the same time. Whaddaya think I am - a machine?)

Wednesday, August 16, 2006


On The Streets...Grant Park
This girl and her three like-minded friends were dressed in lovely vintage dresses. I especially like this 1960-era pale blue dress. You can't see it too well here, but she's got a matching headband. Her hair is properly casual so she doesn't resemble a movie extra looking for work. And the shoes! They're not what you would expect at all, but make the whole outfit so what you would not at the Movie in the Park (according to my very informal survey, 99.99 percent of the crowd wore t-shirts) Still I have to wonder if this girl and her pals went the vintage route so they could capture some of classy clothes vibe of the movie that was shown: The Apartment (1960) directed by Billy Wilder with Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine. (I'll show her friends' attire in a bit). How often do you see people wearing vintage garb where you live? It's not often here in Chicago, sad to say....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home