The Sewist

I sew, knit and crochet hats. (Not all at the same time. Whaddaya think I am - a machine?)

Thursday, August 17, 2006

On the Streets...
Grant Park Redux




These are the aforementioned promised shots leftover from The Apartment showing on Tuesday night. I had to make my close-up picture of the young girl with the bandana nice and large so if you look closely, you'll see she's got buttons on the bandana. How clever is that? And she looks so happy - I love her ear-to-ear grin...could she possibly be thrilled she's off work? That she's managed not to step in the Canadian geese poop littering the entire park grounds? Who knows. I wish could smile like that. I'm not sure her dress is vintage, it's hard to tell. But her tall friend's gauzy gown is most definitely 1950s. And it's got teeny-tiny polka dots on it. I'm a sucker for polka dots, so I find this dress most adorable. How often do you wear polka dots? Or do you find it too silly for daytime wear?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home