The Sewist

I sew, knit and crochet hats. (Not all at the same time. Whaddaya think I am - a machine?)

Monday, November 13, 2006

Hatboxes Galore

You could never find these at the Container Store. Or at Ikea. Sometimes, they can be found at the thrift store. But these particular round containers are dreamy because they're see through. You don't have to open them to see what's inside. Looking for your navy fedora? Here you go! Or your Kentucky Derby picture hat? It's in that hat box. I wish I could say I have a few clear plastic round containers such as these. I don't. I think I'll put these on my wish list, and dream that someone gives me them to me. I've gotten at least one box that way. I walked into an antique resale shoppe where one of the owners, a good friend, was cleaning out inventory. "You want this?" she said. I gleefully accepted my prize, what I call the three-story hatbox because you can stack your headgear inside. Perfect for when you need to wear a different chapeau every day while you're traveling. It's three feet tall, very sturdy, and covered with durable drapery fabric. Here's the best part: it zips up! No messing around with a lid that refuses to stay put because the hats want to come out and play. The only thing I have to worry about is making sure that fragile brims and netting don't get in the way whilst I'm zipping. Do you have anything like this in your closet?

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth H said...

I very much enjoy reading your blog and love looking at the hats! Thanks!

I'd like to follow your links, but many (all?) of them have an extra http:// at the beginning...

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home