The Sewist

I sew, knit and crochet hats. (Not all at the same time. Whaddaya think I am - a machine?)

Friday, July 21, 2006

P45

Oh how the camera rebelled at the Phoebe 45 party for designer Rebecca Taylor. It just didn't want to take any pictures. It turned sulky every time I turned it on. It took only one picture - this one - and I really had to cajole it. "Come on! I'll give you a Snickers when we get home." and "Yes, we'll go see 'My Super Ex-Girlfriend' this weekend." But, my little Kodak EasyShare 530 wouldn't have any of it. I wanted to photograph Ann, who works at p45. Ann wore this wonderful dress she designed and made out of a lightweight celery fabric from Jo-Ann Fabrics. She even lined it and stitched in pockets. I was very impressed with how carefully she matched her zipper to her lining. I just wanted to study that dress all night. But the little digital camera didn't care - it didn't even want the yummy pastries on the table or have a taste of the pinot grigio either. So there's no picture of Rebecca Taylor or any of the other party attendees who wore the cutest outfits - of course, you wouldn't expect nothing less at one of Chicago's most well-known clothing boutiques.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home