The Sewist

I sew, knit and crochet hats. (Not all at the same time. Whaddaya think I am - a machine?)

Friday, June 16, 2006




Bubbly!
I think both of these bubble skirts rock. Get this - they're both Simplicity patterns! Mine's 4237. I stitched up in dreamy tornado sky blue and purple knit from Mood Fabrics in New York City. I lined it with a cheapo purple knit from Jo-Ann Fabrics. This skirt is just so comfortable to wear, perfect for those hot, humid summer days that are so common here in Chicago.
Still my heart yearns for the bubbly confection on this 1958 Simplicity pattern, which can be had on eBay for eight more hours. So hurry on up! It's a size 14, bust 34. I like the layering effect in the vintage version. You can see the woman's figure beneath the bubble. And the lace is so classy. I actually bought a sheer flowery knit to make another skirt, but somehow mine's not going to resemble the 1950s dress, but honestly, a deflated balloon. I still like mine, I still need a purply top to make the outfit sizzle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home